Sunday, February 21, 2016

Reading Challenge Book 8: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Y'all:


I'm nearing the end of the series (well, at least until Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is published later this year), and what an experience it has been thus far.




BOOK 8
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
J.K. Rowling

I spent most of the week reading this book in short spurts, but nearly all of today (Sunday) was committed to the endeavor.  I certainly don't read as fast as I used to, but a day spent with a good book is a day well spent.


I don't know what I can say about this installment of the series that hasn't already been said.  It ends in so much sadness, but I think what really got me was Harry breaking up with Ginny at Dumbledore's funeral.  Certainly this would be the last thing Dumbledore would want Harry to do! I know, from watching the movies, that the break-up doesn't stick, but still.  It must be the part of me that clings to the belief in the power of love that was so upset by Harry's words to Ginny, but I'm comforted knowing what will happen later.  Still, breaking up at a funeral?  That's way harsh! 
_______________________________________________________
THE ONE AND ONLY,
MAC III






No comments:

Post a Comment