Tuesday, December 30, 2014

It's Been Awhile

Y'all:

I'm a terrible blogger.  I actually did a New Year's blog entry but the darn thing never uploaded! So here I am, doing this entry instead.  Um...so there?

I think it's only fair if I try to get y'all caught up real qiuck before I move on to anything else.  So here are, in no particular order, 10 events that have occurred since September (my last blog entry):




1.  My girlfriend broke up with me.
2.  Santa gave me a PS4.
3.  I got in trouble at my job.
4.  I've done very little writing for fun.
5.  I've rediscovered why I hate having roommates.
6.  I considered adopting Native children.
7.  The system has failed.
8.  I can't decide if I want boobs or not.
9.  I've changed my thoughts on love.
10.  I'm homeless.

Ok, so here I'll go into a little more depth on these.  Hmm...I should have put these in a little different order, but whatever.  Randomness breeds fun...or something.

1.  MY GIRLFRIEND BROKE UP WITH ME

This is a more recent development, which is why it is at the top of my list.  I had a wonderful girlfriend in Wyoming, and she said time and again that she'd move with me.  Then she found out I was headed to rural Alaska and she changed her tune.  I do not blame her.  She chose to stay in Wyoming and work at two jobs she did nothing but complain about, but at least it was work--in Selawik she wouldn't have anything to do.  Her reasons for ending the relationship were legitimate.  When shall I find such a woman again?

2.  SANTA GAVE ME A PS4

Of course he did.  I played Santa for myself.  Alien: Isolation is fantastic! The system itself will be far more interesting to me once I get somewhere with real Internet, but as it is I do like it.  It's not as good as my Wii U, but it's still pretty awesome.

3.  I GOT IN TROUBLE AT MY JOB

I've had a few talkings-to about things.  One of my coworkers didn't like that I decorated my classroom door with Krampus for the holidays, for example.  I pissed off a Native because I lost my temper with my students and what I said came out wrong.  Then there was that time that one some my students reported about inappropriate things I'd said regarding my ex-wife (when interviewed by the assistant principal, however, the story changed drastically--but the damage had been done).  Contracts have already been handed out to other teachers, but I'm told mine is on hold.  I'm not stupid, I know what that means...

4.  I'VE DONE VERY LITTLE WRITING FOR FUN

I've spent some time working on FNRPG, and I did a couple of minor updates on Wattpad, but that's about it.  Sad!

5.  I'VE REDISCOVERED WHY I HATE HAVING ROOMMATES

Boys are hairy and gross (that's why I don't date them).  The apartment smells bad.  I have to share a bathroom.  I don't like sharing my space with someone I'm not in a relationship with.  I just want to be alone sometimes, but even when I retreat to my room they try to get me involved in stuff.  Ain't nobody got time for that! I'm busy trying to save Zelda, damnit!

6.  I'VE CONSIDERED ADOPTING NATIVE CHILDREN

It isn't going to happen.

7.  THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED 

There are a lot of problems in this school district, but not a lot of solutions.  In my village, the biggest problem exists beyond the school's walls, and unfortunately that's not something the administration can directly impact.  Until it is fixed, though, things will just continue to fester and rot here.  I have suggested changes that would help the situation and that could possibly lead to solutions, but there is no one-size-fits-all fix, there is no simple cure.

8.  I CAN'T DECIDE IF I WANT BOOBS OR NOT

I joke about getting breast implants a lot.  I have for years.  I love boobs.  BOOBS! If I got boobs, though, that would open the door to a world of difficulties I'm not sure I'm ready to face.  That, and I still feel like I need to trim down my midsection before I even consider getting breast implants--I wanna look good! Of course, I'm joking about all of this.  I'm not getting boobs.  Although...

9.  I'VE CHANGED MY THOUGHTS ABOUT LOVE

Love has always been one of the pillars upon which I've built my life and myself.  After things went south with my wife, well...that changed things.  And then this last relationship was so good, and I was starting to feel comfortable loving someone, trusting someone...well, that's gone now.  Shit, I'd have married that woman if she'd have stayed with me.  I said I'd never ever do that again! But anyway, yeah, I've had to rethink a lot of the things that I thought were absolutely true about love.  I mean, now I know that "forever" only lasts seven years.  I've seen 100% of my romantic relationships end in failure.  I'm forced to reject the things that Disney taught me over the years, and that's hard.  That's damn hard.  Love does not conquer all.  Love is not all you need.  I don't believe in soulmates.  Now I'm questioning what true love is and if I can still believe in that.  Whoa, that's the topic for another blog entry, I'm sure.  Let's finish up this list.

10.  I'M HOMELESS

There really isn't a "back home" for me.  My belongings are mostly in a storage unit in Wyoming, and the rest of my crap came to Selawik.  If I'm not staying for another year then I'm going to have to fix that issue.  I'll need somewhere to live that isn't here.  Wyoming would be cheaper (my apartment in Laramie was $400/month), but NJ is calling to me.  Adii.

_______________________________________________________
THE ONE AND ONLY,
MAC III


PaganInstagram   No Hate


No comments:

Post a Comment