Monday, January 4, 2016

Reading Challenge Book 1: Paganism 101


BOOK 1
Paganism 101:  An Introduction to Paganism by 101 Pagans
edited by Trevor Greenfield

I started off with this religious text, a collection of essays on various pagan topics written by a whole bunch of pagans! I personally started down the neopagan path years ago, and I'm learning a lot as I go.  Reading this text reassured me in my choice and also showed me that being a solitary isn't at all uncommon.  I still need to study more on this topic before I truly pin down where I fit in the grand scheme of Paganism (as in, what flavor of Pagan I am), but this was a good read.

There is certainly diversity to be had in these pages.  Men and women of varied pagan paths and from various regions of the world come together in this collection to share their beliefs on and anecdotes about Paganism.  Essays are grouped by topic, not by path, which I thought wise.  It was refreshing to get a Wiccan's and a Druid's thoughts on a single topic, for example.

My biggest complaint about the book is the formatting and editing.  As an English major and teacher, I have a deep love of editing.  There were parts of this book that had formatting errors.  I'll give the book the benefit of the doubt on that and blame the Kindle app on my iPad.  Other errors, though, could not be so easily explained away.

Paganism 101 was, overall, an interesting and educational read.  I recommend it to Pagans and non-Pagans alike.
_______________________________________________________
THE ONE AND ONLY,
MAC III



Pagan   Instagram   No Hate

No comments:

Post a Comment