Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Reading Challenge Book 5: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Y'all:


My fifth book is finished and January still has days left in it.  Aww yeah!


BOOK 5
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
J.K. Rowling

Three Harry Potter books finished! For those of you just joining me, I've seen all of the movies and my ex-wife is such a big fan of the series she might as well hang a diploma from Hogwart's on her wall.  What I'm trying to say is that, even though I've never read the series, I'm no Squib.  I know what's up.


HPatPoA kept me on the edge of my seat more than the other two books.  Sure, during the first two I was anticipating reading the scenes I enjoyed in the films, but this one really took it to a new level.  The stuff about Buckbeak and the Time-Turner kept me flipping e-pages, hungrily reading for more.

In a recent conversation with a Potterhead who is reasonably younger than I am, I stated that I'm sorry I hadn't been able to grow up with Harry Potter the way so many did.  I do recall reading certain books with friends and family (some of which I intend to reread later this year), but I'm not sure it reached the fever-pitch that Harry Potter fans are familiar with.  So instead of growing up with these novels, I find myself a little older, stepping into a new world (not entirely unlike Harry when he first arrives at Hogwart's).

Once I finish reading all seven novels I'll have to take a weekend to marathon the films.  I haven't done that since the divorce, and I feel that such lofty film marathons deserve to be repeated yearly.
_______________________________________________________
THE ONE AND ONLY,
MAC III






No comments:

Post a Comment