Monday, January 18, 2016

Reading Challenge Book 4: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Y'all:


I wrapped up Book #4 a day later than I had hoped, but that's due to my spending too much time playing video games this weekend.  That's ok, because time enjoyed is never time wasted.  Besides, if you know me, you know that games are part of my DNA.



BOOK 4
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
J.K. Rowling

I decided to read the HP series straight through.  I was advised to do this by a few people, but I would have done it anyway.  I am a fan of movie marathons, so a reading marathon isn't a terribly different endeavor.


This was another wonderful read.  About three-quarters of the way through the book I paused and thought about the film, and was unsure how J.K. Rowling was going to put everything that was going to happen into that last quarter of the book.  I was pleased to find that, not only did it all fit, none of it felt rushed or tacked-on.  Everything that exists in the book belongs there, every character or scene has its own space and time.  It is simply a brilliant read, and a masterfully-crafted series.  On to the next one!
_______________________________________________________
THE ONE AND ONLY,
MAC III






No comments:

Post a Comment