Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Reading Challenge Book 3: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Y'all:


Three down, forty-nine to go.  Aww yeah!



BOOK 3
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
J.K. Rowling

This is the third time I've read this wonderful book, though I know it shall not be the last.  I read it once, many years ago, when I was still married to a Potterhead.  I read it again (fewer years ago) while taking an English Survey course at University.  This time, though, I intend to finish the series.


That's right.  I've never read the entire series.  I know, I'm a sinner.  SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER! It's ok, I'm going to use this year of reading to finally finish this series that got an entire generation to read.

This is definitely a book that draws the reader in and keeps them reading.  Harry and his friends are likable and believable; even Draco Malfoy is a well-written jerkwad of a character.  J.K. Rowling does a brilliant job of building the world, explaining only what she must, and allowing the reader's imagination to fill in some of the blanks.

Now, my next decision is this:  do I read the series straight through or do I read Harry Potter, then something else, then Harry Potter?  I think I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning over tea.
_______________________________________________________
THE ONE AND ONLY,
MAC III




No comments:

Post a Comment